The first game is called Pin Ball
The object of the game is to roll or toss the playground ball to the other side of the gym, knocking down the other teams’ pins.
1. Divide the class in half and have the students line up at each end of the basketball court.
2. Give the cue: Ready, Go and students will run to get a playground ball to throw at the other teams’ pins. They may not cross the middle line to get a playground ball.
3. When one team knocks the other team’s pins down, the game is over
4. Have the students set up the pins, put the playground balls up and go back to the baseline to play again.
1. No kicking the playground ball or you will walk around the track instead of playing the game that round.
2. No crossing the middle line.
3. No guarding the pins
4. If you knock down a pin accidently on your side, it must stay down.
The second game is called battleship.
The object of the game is to sink everyone’s battleship before your own battleship is sunk. Ships are sunk when all their pins, lined up on the corners of the ship, are knocked down.
Students must stay on their mat (battleship) unless they are the team’s dolphin, in which case they are retrieving balls (cannons) and throwing them to their team mates to throw at the pins. This game is very fast paced and games only last 1-3 minutes.
New dolphins are selected each time and strategy time is given to teams to discuss ways to protect their battleship while trying to sink others ships.